Thursday, June 14, 2012

This is the Day

Yesterday, I shared how one of the very first things I say in the morning after my son wakes up and I lie down with him is "Today is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." At the time of writing my blog entry, I did not know that the next days reading for the Proverbs 31 study was Psalm 118:24 which is  "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."  I believe this is the best start of the day in acknowledging God gave us THIS DAY to rejoice and be glad in it.

Philippians chapter 4 is also all about rejoicing when you are in plenty or in need or when you are full or hungry (all circumstances). Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


Observations from Psalm 118:24 and Philippians 4:13:
1. We are to rejoice and be glad each day but especially on the Sabbath
2. We can do the things God has put in our life to do because He strengthens us

Application:  The application I came away with is that each day I will rejoice.  Rejoicing to me is singing to God, laughing, enjoying people He has put in my life, celebrating, and enjoying His Creation. This week, I want to make Sunday the day set apart and made holy as the Lord's day extra special. I have been thinking for a couple of years on the Sabbath. I want it to be a day of joy and celebration. It is a day that I don't want to carry burdens, sorrow, schedules, work and other cares that go along with a normal week. Although I celebrate every day, I want Sunday to be extra special holy onto the Lord. One thing I was thinking is having Sundae Sundays, special music, dancing, games, celebrating with church family and friends, sharing testimonies, eating more on the Word and just sitting at Jesus' feet.

Prayer - Thank you that we can rejoice in you. Thank you that you strengthen us for each task and circumstance we are in. Thank you that you give us a rest from our daily work/chores. Thank you that our rest is found only in you not following rules and not just in giving up things. Thank you Lord that Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment