Saturday, November 3, 2012

Praise God for Stability,God Never Changes

In Yesterday's post of Praise, I wrote about God's word. Today, I have been thinking about how God Himself never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So many things in this world change - friendships, Church family, family, environment, jobs, our children grow up, our appearance, food supplies, financial market. Everything changes but God's Word says God does not. He does not grow weary. He never gets worn out. His love is constant. Even the heavens and earth will be changed but God will not.

Many times, we want stability but the only stability we can have is in God.  He can not be manipulated, coerced nor does he compromise like we do. His plan from the beginning of time since He created Adam and Eve has never changed.  We are His people and He is our God. He wants to live with us, be in relationship with us, and guide us. By his love, He created us, his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do the works he created us to do before the foundation of the world (see Ephesians 2:10).

We sometimes may wonder why we are joyful one minute and full of anger the next. We change with our circumstances. If our children are behaving, we are at peace. If they are not behaving or if someone says something unkind to us, our attitude changes. We go from one thing to the next seeking stability. God is our rock, our ever present help in trouble. He does not change. He does not waiver. His love does not increase when we do good nor does it decrease when we do wrong/bad.

Verses to think on:
Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 1:10-12 - “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
11 They will perish, but you remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
12 You will roll them up like a robe;
    like a garment they will be changed.
But you remain the same,
    and your years will never end.”[a]Malachi 3:6 - I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows.
Numbers 23:19 - God is not a man that he should lie nor a son of man that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Psalm 102:27 - But you remain the same and your years will never end.
Lamentations 3:22 - Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

Lord, I praise you that you are my rock. You are my stability. I can have joy despite hardship, pain, loss as well as in good times. You are my treasure. Your strength is what lifts me above my circumstances. I thank you that I can always run to you. I thank you that you never leave me or forsake me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment